Rapid Tooling Vacuum Casting
Vacuum Casting is a low-cost but reliable way for making a low volume of high quality prototypes based on a master model. This highly versitile method uses cast silicone molds. It is undoubtedly the most economical production process for small series: prototype parts, pre-series.
1) Save cost, No investment cost required;
2) High quality;
3) Fast to get a few pieces to hundred pieces (Normally 7 to 12 days);
4) Different types of transparent color and rubber are available;
5) Low volume runs;
6) No requirement for expensive hard tooling.
1) A master model is created using by sterelithography process;
2)The master model is then placed into casting gate which is filled with silicone
3)Cut into two parts
4)Resin is poured into the silicone mold
5)gate and risers removed from the mold
The common materials: 1)ABS 2)PC 3)Rubber 4)resin ,etc.